Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 67136
Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced Retail Food Service Manager 2 at the University of Albany! Located in Upstate New York, The University at Albany, which is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is an institution that offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and about 120 master's programs. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 12,908, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 610 acres. The Retail Manager 2 will have responsibility for the daily operations of a new, high-volume, Licensed Starbucks location on campus catering to students, faculty and VIP clientele, with a projected managed volume of $1.7 million. The Retail Manager 2 will report to the Retail Manager 3 (Store GM), in the Starbucks location.
In addition, Sodexo provides resident dining, retail dining, concessions, summer conferences and catering on campus and the Retail Manager 2 may assist, or assume responsibilities at other locations on campus as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College/University high-volume retail food service management experience (Starbucks management experience would be a plus!);
- Strong operational standards, exceptional customer service and ability to lead, engage, train and develop front-line staff;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Experience managing multiple food retail outlets and national brand concepts;
- Innovation and ability to grow revenue and manage cost;
- Customer driven and strong track record in organizational development;
- Ability to manage late night, as needed;
- Superior client relations skills;
- Showcase skills of innovation, initiative, customer service, marketing and merchandising to be able to meet the high expectations of this growing university.
Consider the possibilities to expand your hospitality career within a growing dining program!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.