Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 3 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63867
Great opportunity awaits you in Campus Dining! Sodexo Campus Services has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced General Manager 3 of Food Services for Western New Mexico University – a longstanding University account nestled in the Gila Forrest in southwest New Mexico in Silver City, NM. WNMU Campus consists of Resident Dining for 250 students on meal plans, expanding Retail Dining and growing Catering.
Knowledge of Campus Dining, Retail, and Catering are essential – as Catering is a key factor for both the campus and surrounding community. Financial Acumen and the ability to lead and build relationships on a Campus are key attributes of the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Current experience in a leadership role in campus, large corporate environment or other high volume food operations. Proven abilities to grow sales - Food Retail and Catering.
- Strong financial acumen, innovative, effective leader and be proficient in use of online Food Management Systems for labor and food management – preferably with Sodexo systems of FMS, TMC
- Excellent relationship skills: developing strong partnerships with campus client, departments, students and staff.
- A track record of commitment to creating a welcoming guest/ customer dining experience and ability to train/mentor staff on customer service.
- be a multi-tasker, organized, innovative and an effective leader who can motivate their staff.
WHY SODEXO AT WNMU?
This is a key leadership position and the ability to demonstrate proven financial success, progressive career movement and excellent client references is highly desirable.
WNMU is a beautiful campus located at the foot of the Gila Wilderness - with a long term client with solid relationships and a long term contract.
Potential for exponential growth through the possible addition of additional services and expanding retail markets.
This region is known for its cultural diversity – from strong artist communities to outdoor activities!
There is RELOCATION assistance available for this position. We welcome you to join our team with this career opportunity at Western New Mexico University. Apply today! Come join the Sodexo Team at WNMU!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.