Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 78209
Are you a Chef seeking a better work-life balance in a family friendly community?
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Eastern New Mexico University, in Portales, New Mexico. This campus has a student population of 5K with 600 students on the Resident Dining meal plan, high volume Food Retail and High End Catering - on and off site. Menu choices include Healthy Options, International Flavors, Main Fare, Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian and local Organic.
There is RELOCATION assistance available for this opportunity!
In this position you will manage 40+ employees, and be responsible for culinary operations for the main dining hall, multiple food retail locations, food production and service and Catering.
Are you an innovative experienced culinarian with the following skills? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Previous success managing high volume food production( Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program, large family restaurant, etc)
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food/Beverage Cost controls
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining halls
- Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students - featureing NM cuisine.
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement / commitment to the campus and surrounding community
- Seeking Bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
The University is located in small rural community, the university brings a lot of diversity and opportunity to the area. Family Friendly community.. Schedule varies according to business needs. This is a year round position with summer camps & district support.
Eastern New Mexico University http://www.enmu.edu/
Nearest Metro & other locations; Roswell, New Mexico: 99 miles, Lubbock, Texas: 105 miles, Amarillo, Texas: 120 miles, Albuquerque: 225 miles
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.