Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 3
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 66580
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 for New Mexico State University, located in Las Cruces, NM. NMSU is about 45 minutes away from El Paso, TX and about 3 hours south of Albuquerque, NM. At NMSU we offer Resident Dining (900 students on the meal plan), Catering, Retail, and concessions. We are looking for an exciting candidate to be the face of Sodexo Culinary program - to execute the culinary planning, train and mentor culinary staff and to engage with students and be part of the campus community.
RELOCATION assistance is available for this opportunity!
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- have previous knowledge/experience with Sodexo proprietary systems for Food Management, ordering/inventory, costing.
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High volume production experience – from large campus or hospital, large resort or banquet environment.
- Previous knowledge/experience with Sodexo proprietary systems for Food Management, ordering/inventory, costing.
- Proven talent and creativity in high end catering, developing menus, tastings with client.
- Strong food costing and labor controls – knows the business end of running a large production kitchen. – Ordering, Inventory, Labor scheduling.
- Previous culinary training / education and a passion for providing quality food/menu options to enhance and elevate the dining and catering experience.
- Understanding of nutrition – developing healthy menu options for students and for athelete’s training table – working with training coach.
- Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now and join the team at NMSU.
- New Mexico State University is located in the beautiful Organ Mountain Range of Las Cruces New Mexico, just a short 30 minute drive from White Sands National Park. El Paso Texas is 45 minutes to the east while Albuquerque NM is a short 3 hour drive to the north. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.