Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Coordinator
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 71540
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Marketing Coordinator (UMC) for William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. A leading public University with nearly 11,000 students, William Paterson sits on a 370-acre wooded campus and is located in suburban Wayne, New Jersey, just 20 miles from New York City, adjacent to 1,200 acres of wetlands and woodlands, and only three miles from the historic Paterson Great Falls.
The UMC will work directly with unit food managers on all internal and external communications and strategic alignment with client organization's internal marketing goals.
This marketing position will need to have public relations experience, be well spoken, possess excellent writing skills, creativity, ability to assist with growing top line sales, social media skills, website development skills, be innovative in regards to out of the box thinking, ability to communicate and build relationships with trade publications, newspaper, television, client marketing department, create articles for publication.
This Marketing Coordinator will oversee the marketing program development, implementation of Sodexo and client programs, communication and evaluation designed to drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Conducts market research and market analysis. Designs, develops and refreshes communication strategies including web, digital and print. Manages and measures social media in collaboration with William Paterson University & other universities segment accounts.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for daily posts/tweets and monitoring of all applicable social media outlets at William Paterson University. Ideal candidate will be outgoing, flexible, and have excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and effective interpersonal skills. The Marketing Coordinator will have knowledge of social networking channels and experience as a writer for collateral, websites, Twitter,Facebook,Instagram, Snapchat & other similar community sites.
What's in it for you? Working for Sodexo as the Unit Marketing Coordinator will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that supports hundreds of college campuses and thousands upon thousands of college students across the country, offers clear career paths and room for growth and advancement, professional resources and training.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume of our VMPs (Voluntary Meal Plans) through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully execute Sodexo marketing programs and plans as well as the "chops" to create campus-specific "in-house" marketing programs?
- Partnerships: Can you partner with our family of vendors and the community in order to help create special event opportunities for Sodexo?
- Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo's social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn?
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A proven track record of increasing voluntary meal plan sales and/or sales dollars or sales volume and be able to provide examples of marketing strategies that were implemented
- Food retail marketing experience - meal plan sales, merchandise designs, program development and execution, and visual merchandise upgrades that are current with market trends.
- Dynamic communication skills – an ambassador for Sodexo to our clients and our customers,
- Effective time management skills – able to prioritize, multi-task; managing multiple projects and unit locations,
- Experience with customer satisfaction enhancements; ability to analyze account customer satisfaction surveys and help identify action plans in response.
- Background and success in implementing marketing into social media and websites.
- Ability to partner with food operations managers to develop impactful marketing strategies.
- Additional skills/competencies include: diversity awareness, team building/training, building strategic relations, market research, data and financial analysis for return on investments.
- Individual will work with on-site teams to ensure company marketing programs and standards are fully implemented throughout, to include station layout, execution and signage (both print and digital).
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Marketing positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Marketing jobs.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.