Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 4
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 67529
Sodexo Universities Sports & Leisure Segment is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 4 for our food service operations at Rutgers University located in Piscataway, NJ.
Rutgers University has a 52,000 seat Football Stadium with a 1000 Seat Club, 4 VIP Suites, Recruiting Room, VIP Tents and several catered areas throughout the stadium. There is also opportunity to sell the Club Space and Recruiting Room for off season catered events for all Athletic catered events on campus. There is also a 9,000 seat Basketball Arena with additional catered areas. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all athletics catering and catering sales for football and basketball game days and off season events. Catering business consists of everything from casual boxed lunch events, buffets, coffee service to fine dining plated dinners and training table meals for all players, trainers and coaches. In addition, this position is responsible for all catering details/logistics, special client requests, inventory and ordering, HACCP monitoring, food quality, billing and requires a high focus on customer service.
The successful candidate will have:
- Catering management experience in a large stadium/arena environment;
- Catering sales experience; ability to up-sell catering services;
- Fundamental culinary experience, event design experience, executive menu planning experience, as well as a strong understanding of food safety;
- Experience building and implementing processes to plan executive dining events, and provide an exceptional customer experience in planning, executing and following up after an event;
- Strong understanding of catering financials, is able to multitask and work with the General Manager while overseeing day to day operations;
- Ability to recruit, hire, train and supervise catering staff;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relations with coaches/staff, including donors and seat holders, vendors and university administration;
- Availability to work day and/or evening shifts as business needs dictate.
Are you a sports fanatic with a hospitality background in catering/food service operations? This could be a fantastic career opportunity for you!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.