Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 77436
Sodexo Schools Division is seeking a Chef Manager for an established Long Branch School District located in Long Branch, NJ. This position supports our mission by providing safe, wholesome and innovative food to our students and client as well as Sodexo employees in 10 school locations.
Reporting to our General Manager, you will lead the kitchen team and will plan, organize and manage the daily food production in this district. Our Chef Manager will be responsible for managing the culinary operations for all catering and program promotions.
Spanish as a second language helpful but not required.
- Creating new food programs
- Run Future Chef program with the General Manager
- Staff training and development
- Managing the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Catering management
- Menu development and inventory management
- Food cost management
Qualifications for our Chef Manager include prior culinary management experience in a high volume environment, strong food production planning management and food cost management experience, computer literacy, full HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification. Experience working in a K12 Schools environment strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- K12 Schools culinary and culinary management experience
- high end catering experience
- excellent management skills
- culinary experience with VIP catering,
- experience training and leading a culinary staff
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.