Your future, so sodexo
Retail Operations Manager
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 76754
Sodexo’s Government Services North America is seeking a Retail Operations Manager for the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC
Food operations at the US House of Representatives consist of 10 retail dining brands (national and in-house brands) with plans to add 4 new brands in the next six months. As a Marketing Specialist, you will be working with the District Manager and management teams to increase customer participation in the dining locations throughout the unit. This is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for a professional with strong field experience in marketing and operations. The ideal candidate will have a marketing degree and/or trade school certificate, 3 or more years in food service marketing & operations experience, stellar verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to train.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
Training: Can you successfully train hourly dining staff employees in the area of customer service?
Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully develop and execute Sodexo marketing plans and programs? Do you have the skills to create and execute “in-house" marketing programs?
Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo’s retail dining program social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr and Snapchat?
Software Applications: Can you conduct weekly menu maintenance on a large-scale digital content management system? Can you conduct updates to menus, pricing on POS and kiosk systems? Knowledge of Catertrax, Freedom Pay, Halo and Vivonet will be considered a plus.
Special Events: Are you an event planner? Must be able to plan, invoice and be the project lead for all VIP events for our Members Dining Room.
Client Communications: Can you effectively communicate with client and Congressional members and staff to include developing client Executive monthly bulletin?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Prioritize multiple tasks: managing multiple projects and account locations
- Meet strict deadlines and due dates
- Work independently and as a team on wide range projects
- Train hourly staff in the area of customer service
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with customers with a special emphasis on building a partnership with our client
- Maintain marketing information on intranet, company, and/or client websites
- Create monthly marketing calendars and host events to engage customers
- Coordinate all unit marketing initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in retail operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.