Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 62594
Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef 2 for Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, NC. The Executive Chef will provide support working closely with the production staff with and emphasis on: daily maintenance and/or filing of FMS, HACCP forms, temperature logs, accounts payable, inventory, ordering/receiving and department sanitation. Hands-on on training and production execution will be required when needed to ensure operational effectiveness at the unit. This position includes a competitive compensation package and a sign-on bonus of $3,000.00.
Greenville is the cultural, educational, economic, and medical hub of Eastern North Carolina. Greenville has grown into the 10th largest city in the state and is now a thriving, small metropolitan city of more than 90,000 in the heart of Pitt County with a population of nearly 175,000 residents. Greenville is a growing university-medical community, home to East Carolina University and a strong industrial community. Greenville is also an accommodating event and leisure destination with an expanding Greenville Convention Center Campus, and a vibrant Uptown Greenville District with its own diverse art, music, food, and festival scene featuring an increasing number of unique, locally-owned businesses, galleries, shops, and restaurants. Relocation is available for qualified candidates!!!
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans
- create a positive environment
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market
Qualifications for the Executive Chef include prior culinary management experience in a high volume healthcare environment, strong food production planning management and food cost management experience, computer literacy, full HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for -Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you. Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter. Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter. Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G.
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.