Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 77343
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital
located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is the largest and most comprehensive medical center within our five-county region. A leader in compassionate, quality care, our easily accessible 63-acre campus includes a 541-bed teaching hospital and referral center. Moses Cone has state-of-the-art Emergency Department for Adults and Pediatric, Health Heart and Vascular Center with a Women’s and Children’s addition opening in the fall of 2019.
The Catering Manager will be a hands-on manager with high energy and an eye for detail. Catering events include: drops offs, high volume functions for Executives and VIP plated dinners. This position will manage a team of employees, working side by side with his/her team on event set-up, execution and breakdown. Culinary or event planning background is preferred.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- identify internal/external customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs; and
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership/team building skills
- The ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives
- Excellence in training and leading by example all staff in superior customer service
- Knowledge of MS Office and Catering Software
- Experience working with chefs to assure food quality, menu development and food/labor costs
- Professional demeanor is required
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Keywords: catering, event planning, on premise, off premise, banquet manager, catering manager, health-care, hospitals, culinary, #LI
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.