Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 4 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63959
Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for a General Manager 4/Director of Dining Services, of Food Services to join our Senior Living team at St. John’s Lutheran Ministries in Billings, Montana. The General Manager 4/Director of Dining Services of Food Services will report directly to the District Manager, and will be responsible for day to day oversight of all operations for the Senior Living food service operations for multiple locations at this outstanding account.
General Manager Responsibilities include:
- Oversees all day to day food and nutrition services operations for multiple locations at this Senior Living food services account consisting of 600+ beds.
- Provides leadership for around 7 management employees and all hourly food service employees at this account.
- Ability to implement Sodexo programs, policies and procedures successfully in collaboration with management and client.
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus.
- Works closely with management to provide leadership, direction and to manage unit projects.
- Will work to manage and provide oversight for the Green House Senior Living home model to ensure compliance and success.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Meets (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
If you have the following qualification, we want to hear from you!
- Work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, ability to manage multiple locations, preferably in a Senior Living environment.
- Previous experience implementing/innovating food service programs and engaging employees as well as clients in this process.
- Previous leadership experience in a Green House home living resident care environment is desirable.
- Ability to lead, develop and engage a large number of employees located across multiple sites.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- Excellent computer skills and report management experience.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to demonstrate detailed operational analysis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for a high level customer service and relationship oriented.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts and proven success meeting budget goals.
- Able to manage and execute multiple priorities, and manage multiple long-standing projects.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
St. John’s Lutheran Ministries is one of the region’s most well-known and trusted providers of senior living and healthcare. St. John’s has a long and faithful history of providing the best care and quality that combines comfort, convenience and value. For 52 years, St. John’s Lutheran Ministries has served the Billings, MT community and lived our mission of providing living opportunities within nurturing environments of hope, dignity and love each and every day. Over 600 residents call St. John’s home and enter the continuum of care at different levels.
St. John’s provides an array of services primarily to the elderly, including Independent and Assisted living, full-skilled nursing-home care, Home Health Care and Transitional Care with a state-of-the-art rehab center. While the primary focus is to care for the elderly, St. John’s also operates one of the largest licensed daycare facilities in Yellowstone County and runs Lutheran Social Services, a statewide adoption agency.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peek at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.