Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 76175
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 2 for United Hospital located in Saint Paul, MN. United Hospital is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to more than 200,000 people each year.
United's excellent staff, modern facilities and commitment to providing patients with the best care using state-of-the-art technology has helped the hospital attract some of the most renowned and innovative practitioners in the nation. United's employees and medical staff are committed to place patient needs first and treat all individuals with compassion and respect. Highly regarded for its clinical care, United has earned a reputation for supportive, patient-centered care designed to create the most comfortable, stress-free health care experience possible.
Sodexo is seeking a motivated, skilled professional with a minimum of 2 years of current/prior supervisory experience in a high volume environment ($2.7 million in retail revenue), food production, management experience, computer literacy, full HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification. This Manager will work a rotating schedule that will be primarily 11:00 am to 9:00 pm and will work every other weekend as well.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills / attributes...
- Experience with At Your Request--Room Service Dining or a similar "on- demand" food service model, SMG, catering and managing multiple outlets
- The ability to effectively communicate with a diverse staff both verbally and in writing
- The ability to identify, on-board, train and develop staff members
- An understanding of what it takes to motivate people to go above the normal call of duty
- Experience in managing a union environment
- Stress tolerance
- Managing the daily food-service program for retail outlets
- Cash management
- Menu development
- Ensuring Sodexo Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Labor cost controls and compliance
- Scheduling, shift awards and staffing
- Gold Check Audit compliance
- Identifying, on-boarding, coaching, training and development of the front-line staff
- Financial reporting
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
- Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
- At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.