Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 78385
Sodexo Universities has an opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 at Crown College located in Saint Bonifacius, MN, just 30 miles west of Minneapolis. The Executive Chef will be responsible for overseeing the culinary programs for one resident dining facility, retail dining outlets and catering.
Crown College is a four-year, private Christian school with an enrollment of approximately 1300 students. This school was recently included in MONEY Magazine’s list of “50 Colleges That Add the Most Value” as well as placing in the top-15% of their “Best Colleges” list. Crown is also ranked in the top-10 “Best Christian Colleges & Universities” by Christian Universities Online and consistently ranked among the “Best Midwest Regional Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Executive Chef candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of culinary management experience, preferably within a campus setting.
- Passion for food and innovation.
- Proven culinary skills; culinary degree helpful but not required.
- Hands-on leadership style.
- Strong understanding of HACCP, food safety and sanitation.
- A skilled management style in leading, mentoring and training a diverse workforce.
- Proven track record of achieving positive employee engagement.
- Financial acumen as it relates to food and labor costs/controls.
- Experience in Sodexo’s DRIVE program OR large scale ordering system (preferred).
To learn more about Crown College, visit http://www.crown.edu/.
To learn more about Sodexo Universities Dining visit http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/quality-life-services/on-site-services/education/Campus.aspx.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.