Your future, so sodexo
Food Operations Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 64615
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Operations Manager 2 to assist with operating the food program for The University of Minnesota-Morris located in Morris, MN. The University of Minnesota-Morris is one of four campuses within the University of Minnesota, a four year liberal arts college. Food operations at this location include resident dining, retail dining, a C-store and catering. This campus has a very high emphasis on sustainability, local sourcing and renewable energy sources. As such, part of the campus mission is "Educating for a sustainable future". The Food Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing operations the resident dining facility and retail operation in a union setting.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate should have:
- 3+ years of leadership experience, preferably within a union, campus setting.
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food.
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor.
- Strong food safety and sanitation/HACCP standards.
- Ability and willingness to develop and train approximately 50 frontline employees.
- Passion for food and innovation.
- Ability to think outside of the box.
To learn more about University of Minnesota Morris, please visit http://www.morris.umn.edu/.
To learn more about Sodexo Campus Dining, please visit http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/quality-life-services/on-site-services/education/Campus.aspx
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.