Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 5 - Food - located in Mankato, MN
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 76510
General Manager 5 opportunity at a fantastic location in Mankato, MN!
Offering Relocation Assistance!
Sodexo Campus Dining has an opportunity for a General Manager 5 for Minnesota State University-Mankato located in Mankato, MN. This 350-acre campus overlooks the Minnesota River Valley and the busy streets of Mankato.
Located in south central Minnesota, Mankato is a fast-growing community of 50,000 just 80 miles south of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Mankato consistently ranks as one of the most livable communities in the country, ranking #3 in the nation in Forbes 2014 “Best Small Places for Businesses & Careers” and as one of the top 100 communities for young people by America’s Promise for four consecutive years.
Reporting to the District Manager, the General Manager will be responsible for managing 12 managers overseeing all food production in a new state-of-the-art, multi-million dollar dining facility as well as two convenience stores, retail operations, which include Chick-a-Fil, Einstein’s, Star Ginger, Taco Bell, Scandella’s, Garbanzo’s, Jazzman’s, Toss and STGO in a union setting with oversight of approximately 360 frontline FT and PT employees.
Additional qualifications desired consist of retail, union and employee development experience. Strong administration, organization and client relations skills are necessary at this management level.
The ideal General Manager candidate will possess:
- College/University General Manager-level experience (volume $8-9.5M).
- Experience interacting with executive-level clients and building those relationships as well as with other campus departments.
- Experience managing retail operations food service business.
- Experience training and leading other salaried managers.
- Experience with food and labor management systems.
- Experience writing budgets and managing those budgets.
- Experience managing a union workforce.
- Experience with new account openings and/or change management.
To learn more about Minnesota State University-Mankato, please visit http://www.mnsu.edu/.
To learn more about Sodexo Campus Environments, please visit http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/quality-life-services/on-site-services/education/Campus.aspx
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.