Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 76492
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Regina Hospital located in Hastings, Minnesota, 15 minutes from Cottage Grove and 25 minutes from St Paul. Regina Hospital provides health care services including primary care, internal medicine, general surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, emergency medicine, inpatient geriatric mental health, urology and occupational medicine. The Hastings campus also includes senior living facilities, two Allina Health clinics and a surgery center.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Primarily manage culinary aspects for patient, retail,and catering in a union setting.
- Supports other members of the management team.
- Daily client interaction.
- Completes food service ordering using Sodexo systems.
- Develop and grow the menu for the dining area as well as catering while managing and controlling food costs and offering high quality service to the residents and guests.
- Supports cash handling policies and procedures as needed.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS).
- Inventory Management.
- Provides technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team while working side by side in the operation as needed.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels and participates in the audit process.
If you have the following skill sets, then we would love to hear from you:
- A passion for culinary arts, with a desire for creativity.
- A strong production culinary background in Healthcare/Sr. Living or a retail setting.
- Menu planning and development as well as high end catering experience.
- Ability to multitask and manage a high volume workload.
- Ability to successfully lead and develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects.
- Computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and think quickly on your feet.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.