Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Area General
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 71490
Sodexo, leader in quality of life solutions has a great opportunity for a Senior Area General Manager to manage, monitor and maintain food service operations excellence for five Detroit Medical Center (DMC) hospital locations.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Senior Area General Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of daily food service operations for patient meal service, retail food service and catering;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment through team building, coaching and development of employee and management teams
- ensure all Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a strong background and experience in healthcare food service management and full knowledge of regulatory requirements;
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections, and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.