Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 64115
Are you an experienced Catering Manager or Catering Director that has a passion for high-end catering and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? Look no further!
Sodexo Campus Services business segment is seeking an exceptional Catering Manger 3 to round out our outstanding management team at McDaniel College in Westminster, MD! This Catering Manager will oversee an innovative, high-end catering program for a high-profile client as well as oversee the day to day catering scheduling/technical delivery of campus catering.
This Catering Manager 3 will create elegant and sophisticated catering experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. This position is responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events and will work closely with our talented Executive Chef. Catering can range from light coffee/refreshment service to plated events with China service.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events and have demonstrated knowledge in casual and fine dining, and banquet management as well as strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills. Experience with directing catering operations, Banquet Catering Wait Staff, buffet lines, and all day break services highly desired. Additional skills include experience with high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems.
Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to communicate in Spanish would be helpful in managing this workforce.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong catering experience (2-3 years in a high-end catering environment including solid financial acumen and deep understanding of the technical delivery aspect of catering)
- High-volume catering / banquet experience within a Campus or Banquet/Conference Center environment
- High-profile and high-end catering – attention to detail and providing exceptional catering service - developing creative options to fit our client's needs
- Ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who the share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events at a time and utilize a systems based approach to meet each event’s time-lines/specifications and quality of product
- Experience with Catertrax or similar catering program
- Strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills
- A catering portfolio including catering photos of catered events
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.