Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Coordinator
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 69233
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Marketing Coordinator for Stevenson University located in Owings Mills, MD. Stevenson University is the third-largest independent university in the state of Maryland with more than 4,100 students pursuing bachelors, masters, and adult undergraduate degrees at three campus locations in Stevenson and Owings Mills.
The Marketing Coordinator will work directly with food service unit managers on all internal and external communications and strategic alignment with client organization's internal marketing goals. This marketing position will require some public relations experience, strong communication skills, excellent writing abilities, creativity, ability to assist with growing top line food sales in retail and voluntary meal plan sales, social media skills, website development skills, innovativeness in regards to out the of box thinking, the ability to communicate and build relationships with students/clients, newspaper, television, client marketing department and the ability to create articles for publication.
What's in it for you? Working for Sodexo as the Unit Marketing Coordinator will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that supports hundreds of college campuses and thousands upon thousands of college students across the country, offers clear career paths and room for growth and advancement, professional resources and training.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume of our VMPs (Voluntary Meal Plans) through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully execute Sodexo marketing programs and plans as well as the "chops" to create campus-specific "inhouse" marketing programs?
- Partnerships: Can you partner with our family of vendors and the community in order to help create special event opportunities for Sodexo?
- Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo's social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and LinkedIn?
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Proven track record of increasing voluntary meal plan sales and/or sales dollars or sales volume and be able to provide examples of marketing strategies that were implemented
- Food retail marketing experience - meal plan sales, merchandise designs, program development and execution, and visual merchandise upgrades that are current with market trends.
- Dynamic communication skills – an ambassador for Sodexo to our clients and our customers,
- Effective time management skills – able to prioritize, multi-task : managing multiple projects and account locations,
- Experience w/customer satisfaction enhancements, - ability to analyze account customer satisfaction surveys and help identify action plans in response.
- Background and success in implementing marketing into social media and websites.
Ability to partner with General Manager and other managers to develop impactful marketing strategies.
- Additional skills/competencies include: diversity awareness, team building/training, building strategic relations, market research, data and financial analysis for return on investments.
Individual will work with on-site teams to ensure company marketing programs and standards are fully implemented throughout, to include station layout, execution and signage (both print and digital).
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.