Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Data Analysis - Labor Workforce
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 71787
Sodexo has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Data Analysis - Labor Workforce within the Labor Analytics department at our office in Gaithersburg, MD or Buffalo, NY. Remote work employees will also be considered.
The Senior Manager of Data Analysis Labor Workforce supports NorAm’s Labor Program by supporting the development and implementation of a harmonized, enterprise-wide process and model, allocating market labor targets and budgets to daily unit / cost center labor plans, and measuring actual results against plans. This role will focus on documentation, data retrieval and analysis and design of a standardized, enterprise-wide process, deploying labor analytics, supporting the configuration and distribution of reports, and allocating market labor targets and budgets to daily unit labor plans and schedules.
The successful candidate will accomplish this by working with the Director Labor Analytics, Market Labor Leads, Market and Division representatives to assess current labor management tools, templates and processes and use this information in conjunction with data from the payroll system, enterprise data warehouse, and NorAm’s budgeting process to identify best practices, commonalities, standards and requirements to be incorporated into the final deliverable.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting ongoing management, analytics, insight and guidance related to the developed standards based forecasting and allocation processes that will ultimately result in the right level of labor resources and expenses for services delivered at Sodexo’s client locations.
Successful applicants will be self-directed, show a proven history of independent work and demonstrate strong advanced analytical skills to accomplish assigned objectives. In addition, he/she will utilize his or her knowledge of budgeting processes, accounting practices, and project management.
Provides a leadership role within the labor analytics function. Responsible for reviewing and analyzing and preparing reports related to the labor analytics function. Analyzes, reviews and implements process improvement. May lead a significant part of a project to enhance the internal and/or external financial reporting capabilities. Develop internal and/or external relationships to ensure maintenance and delivery of financial reports and information. Contributes to the tactical and strategic direction of the labor analytics function.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience providing analytics and management in a role directly supporting business operations in the field.
- Proven experience working with operations professionals
- Understanding of financial data in relationship to data analytics
- A demonstrated knowledge of how to utilize data retrieval or query applications such as Essbase and OBIEE in order to obtain the information necessary to accomplish objectives
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy is a plus
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Analytics is a plus
- Experience participating in NorAm’s operations budgeting process
- A clear demonstrated understanding of Sodexo’s in-unit operations and management practices.
- Experience running specially assigned projects or components of projects related to unit performance or operational analysis.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills
- Self-directed with the ability to follow through and to drive tasks to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong group presentation skills, both in person and in virtual environments
- The ability to navigate organizational culture and politics in order to accomplish objectives
- The ability to challenge resistance and to drive unit level adoption of NorAm’s labor processes
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.