Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager 2, Segment Finance
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 77520
Sodexo Government has an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned financial analyst to support our Gov’t Segment’s growth reporting to the VP Finance, Government & Agencies, NorAm. The Senior Manager, Finance role covers multiple contracts in the Government segment, with revenues currently $430m. This is a temporary position that is expected to last for a period of 1 year from the date of hire.
The position will be responsible for scoping and building advanced analytical models and reports to enable the business to effectively identify and deliver efficiencies, benchmark food service productivity and margins. This role will partner with Finance, Operations, Marketing and Supply Chain functions to deliver insightful reporting to boost business performance
The Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
- Within the finance function, business partner to Operations and teams for the analysis of Food Services across all Government Services contracts, but with a primary focus on the Marine Corps contract.
- Identify key stakeholder reporting requirements and scope a suite of reporting that will enable benchmarking, food margin assessment, variance analysis and insight to improve contract financial performance
- Define visual and standardised KPI reporting to assisting Operational management to track performance, identify best in class delivery and under-performing sites.
- Prepare executive level board reports that outline key messages from the reports, evaluate performance against business objectives and suggest improvements
- Support the Operational teams in assessing impact of menu changes, tariff increases, new offer introductions and the payback of marketing and capital investments
- Introduce new budgeting and forecasting tools to facilitate clear and accurate future planning and identify and mitigate risks
- Champion improvements and enhancements to monthly reporting using analytical tools to develop real time reporting
- Promote the use of digital technology and partner with the business in the application of these tools
- Other non-food services reporting, as required.
- Project work, as required
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Provision of standard monthly reporting to the business
- Evidence of performance improvements based on introduction of KPI’s and benchmarking
- Effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Segment achievement of annual targets
- Business, statistical and financial acumen
- Financial Planning
- Intellectual agility and eagerness to learn
- Personal and influencing skills
- Driving financial performance and change
- Focusing on client and customer
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of related professional experience in Finance, Data Analysis
- A Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, statistics, accounting or related field.
- MBA, CPA or other advanced credentials is a and/or:
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to collate, review and summarise multiple data streams using complex macros and data mining techniques.
- Knowledge of Financial Systems/ Tools including SAP, Hyperion and OBI
- Interest in digital technology and use of analytical tools to develop real time reporting
- Experience with providing actionable recommendations to senior management based on analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing, with all levels of staff, including Segment leadership members and Group level executives.
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively, flexible with respect to hours worked
- Proven track record of business partnering to drive change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills and strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience of working in a Food Services or FM environment is desirable
Location and travel
- Based in Gaithersburg, MD
- This position will require up to 60 days travel per year.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.