Your future, so sodexo
Vice President, Finance - Government
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 69785
Sodexo Government is seeking an outstanding leader for the position of Vice President, Goverment Finance located in the Gaithersburg, MD office. This financial leadership position reporting directly to the CEO for a business portfolio of $425M and anticipated growth of greater than 20%. As a member of the Government Leaderhip Team in North America, this critical role will also be a member of the Global Government Financial Leadership Community and the North American Finance Leadership team.
Sodexo’s Government Segment in North America is highly regulated and monitored therefore adding a level(s) of complexity to conduct our business and a level of accountability not experienced in other Sodexo business segments.
- Government finance/accounting and contracting rules is required.
- Qualified accountant with minimum 10 years of post-qualified experience (PQE)
- Masters in Finance / advanced degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of business development processes, deal structure, pricing, and validation.
- Fluent English speaker essential. Other language skills advantageous.
Location: We will consider candidates in the D.C. Metro Area who are commutable as needed to Gaithersburg, MD
Work with the segment CEO to support, inform, and influence the creation, implementation and realization of the segment strategy, within the parameters set by the government segment.
This will be achieved through partnering with colleagues and teams across a global matrix organization gaining their respect and trust, providing insightful analytics, seeking out innovative commercial solutions, and leading and supporting a high performing finance and pricing team, highly skilled in financial modelling and analytics together with a sound understanding of the business.
- Support, inform and steer delivery of financial targets, both short and longer term.
- Support, inform and influence sales development, operations and mobilization activity, ensuring pricing is accurate and competitive, with necessary plans actioned to achieve financial returns during and after mobilization.
- Ensure accurate accounting and all government accounting requirements are met.
- Supporting Global Segment CFO in implementing key Global initiatives at regional level to ensure execution and delivery of Segment performance objectives:
- Driving delivery of initiatives and profitability (e.g. mobilization, driving CUGR, turn around loss-making contracts, and more generally course corrective action).
- Identifying and driving change initiatives based on forecast results
- Providing strong commercial expertise, financial engineering and contractual acumen to provide financial support to sales and commercial processes, as well as contributing to the negotiation of complex deals, and ensuring contractual protections.
- Ensuring financial discipline in investment decisions, application of Right Clients Right Terms (RCRT) and Group Delegation of Authorities (DOA); building business cases for segment OPEX and CAPEX commercial investments; using factual ROI and monitoring after event activities to drive learnings.
- Ensuring all Group (Sodexo Global) Finance policies, processes and procedures are known, understood and consistently applied in the segment to support the achievement of the Group’s Financial objectives; supporting the delivery of the Group Finance’s mission.
- Providing contract performance analysis and supporting action plans to drive execution
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to translate strategy and operational ideas / plans into financial plans, targets, and sensitivities
- Excellent modelling and financial analytics skills, extremely system / digital literate
- Strong financial acumen, including technical accounting, operational and financial planning, and contractual / risk management.
- Skilled leader, mentor and trainer, proven through experience and track-record.
- Excellent listening, communication and negotiation skills at all levels with the confidence and ability to influence and gain results at all levels.
- Strong cultural awareness, with strong partnering / teaming / collaborative approach.
- Great conceptual thinker, and quick to grasp new complex commercial situations etc.
- Strong technical as well as commercial accountant.
- Highly driven with demonstrable success in a high pressure, tight deadline environment and performance including negotiation of contract renewals, claim & overrun negotiation
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the Region segment strategy as a member of the Region Segment Executive Committee; including, forecasts and financial trajectories and consequent priorities.
- Undertaking supplementary financial analyses to develop segment strategy and Segment ambition and performance.
- Providing challenge and playing a role as custodian of the Group’s assets and resources
- Track record of delivering successful results, and finding pragmatic solutions, in complex commercial situations.
- Ability to navigate through complex situations and matrix organization structure to deliver results in a multi stakeholder and consultative culture
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years in accounting or finance
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.