Your future, so sodexo
Sr Content Proposal Writer
Job category: Communications
Job ID: 73050
The Sodexo Government Proposal Center currently seeking a Proposal Manager/Sr. Core Content Writer to support our business development team in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who excels as a creative proposal writer and project manager.
The ideal candidate possesses experience in managing proposal teams and creativity in developing compliant technical narrative for governemnt proposals. The candidate will manage the full proposal development lifecycle (schedule, milestones, and document development) for RFPs, IDIQs, and Task Order responses ranging in size and complexity for civilian and DoD agencies.
In this role, the Proposal Manager/Sr. Core Content Writer will work closely with a matrixed team of subject matter experts (SMEs) across functional teams to ensure proposals are 100% compliant, high quality, and submitted on-time. The candidate must have experience writing proposal narrative that is clear, customer-focused, and responsive to requirements and evaluation criteria. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Proposals, the Proposal Manager/Sr. Core Content Writer will:
- Develop and manage proposal schedules and milestones ensuring adherence to deadlines and on-time submission to the client.
- Prepare for and lead Proposal Kick-Off Meetings, status update calls, and manage proposal review processes.
- Create compliance matrices, proposal outlines, and strawman proposals.
- Work closely with Sr. BD Directors to translate client needs into compelling win themes and discriminators that enhance the quality of proposal narrative.
- Partner with SMEs to draft technical sections. Interview SMEs for additional content as necessary.
- Track progress and provide status reports to the Senior Manager, Proposals.
- Engage key stakeholders to participate in proposal review activities and ensures compliance with all corporate and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with Proposal Coordinator for graphic support needs and proposal production.
- Attend debriefings and capture lessons learned.
- Contribute to and assist in updating the Proposal Knowledge Library.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience writing and managing Federal Government proposals
- Experience writing proposals for Facilities Management /Food Service bids is a plus
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience managing proposals varying in size and complexity within a matrixed team.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, completing multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience- 3 years in technical writing, proposal writing, or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.