Your future, so sodexo
Sodexo Future Leader Interns (Fall) - Public Relations Web Analytics
Job category: Intern
Job ID: 66294
We have an exciting PR Web Analytics Internship positions now available with Sodexo. The Public Relations Intern will primarily support efforts around Digital Communications and Thought Leadership. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, coordination and management of projects and initiatives related to social media, web content development, content coordination, video production, message development and positioning. In addition, this position will contribute to research, writing, editing and development of graphic elements.
Summary of essential job functions
- Prepare monthly dashboard reports on the performance of the corporate blog
- Analyze reports to create insights that will help drive digital marketing content strategies
- Oversee development and execution of various digital and social media projects. These include ongoing design and development projects for the corporate website and corporate blog
- Manage blog strategy from content outline and development to drafting and editing to dissemination.
- Research and develop white papers, case studies and other materials that support the Thought leadership strategy
- Create graphics for social media and other design projects
- Assist in the maintenance of the corporate blog
Major in public relations/communications, marketing, Journalism, English other industry-related program. Minimum requirements:
- Be a rising senior, recently graduated or graduate student
- Have a demonstrated interest in communications and digital media
- Possess strong and consistent writing, editing, proofreading and layout skills
- A self-starter with a positive and professional approach to accomplishing work, a strong desire to undertake new experiences and an interest in digital media and thought leadership
- An understanding of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Strong in math and analytical skills - must be comfortable working with data and making sense of it
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Knowledge of or familiarity with web publishing content management systems, such as Wordpress
- Team player who knows how to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced professional environment
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule and accept new projects as they arise
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Dates for the internship:
FALL: JSeptember 2017 through ???; (part time, 20 hours a week)
This internship will take place at the Sodexo North American Headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD.
Basic Education Requirement - Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, facilities management, engineering, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry related college program.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.