Your future, so sodexo
Sodexo Future Leader Interns- Communications
Job category: Intern
Job ID: 71557
Sodexo has an exciting opening for a Communications Intern. The Communications Intern will primarily support efforts around thought leadership within Segment Communications – for Seniors, Government, Corporate Services, Healthcare, Universities and Schools. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, coordination and management of projects and initiatives related to storytelling and influencing in the digital ecosystem, social media, content curation, message development and positioning. In addition, this intern will contribute to research, writing and distributing a weekly trends report.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Prepare monthly dashboard reports on performance of segment LinkedIn activity.
- Analyze reports to create insights to help drive digital and media content strategies.
- Oversee development and execution of various digital projects, including website redesigns.
- Oversee development and execution of various thought leadership efforts, including PR/media strategies.
Are you an excellent writer and natural communicator? Great storytelling abilities? Creative with spunk? Eager to learn and do? If so, this might be the opportunity for you! his is a hands-on program. Be prepared for a much as you are willing to take on.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a rising senior or recent graduate or graduate student
- Have demonstrated interest in communications, digital media, marketing and public relations.
- Possess strong and consistent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Major in Communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English and other industry-related content.
- Self-starter with a positive and professional approach to accomplishing work.
- Strong desire to tackle new experiences.
- Comfortable and confident using digital media, storytelling, social media, and writing.
With opportunities located throughout the United States, we offer you the flexibility to select an internship in the areas where you live or are able to obtain free or affordable housing that works for you. Sodexo does not offer housing to interns at this time.
This is a full time/40 hrs per week position will be located in Gaithersburg, MD at Sodexo's North American Headquarters starting on June 4th, 2018 and ending on August 10th, 2018.
Basic Education Requirement - Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, facilities management, engineering, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry related college program.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.