Your future, so sodexo
Sodexo Future Leader Interns-Asset Management Services Portfolio Optimization Intern - Sodexo HQ (Gaithersburg MD)
Job category: Intern
Job ID: 73529
Background on Sodexo:
- Founded in 1966 by Pierre Bellon in Marseilles, France, Sodexo is now the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services. For over 50 years, we have developed unique expertise, backed by nearly 427,000 employees in 80 countries across the globe.
- In combining the diverse talents of our teams, Sodexo is the only company to integrate a complete offer of innovative services, based on over 100 professions. We develop, manage and deliver a unique array of Services: On-site, Benefits & Rewards and Personal and Home for all our clients to improve the Quality of Life.
- Our experiences with our over 100 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance…every day.
This will be a support role to, and directed by, experienced Facilities Management (FM) engineers, who will assign specific tasks. It will provide a unique learning experience on how to enable Sodexo’s field operations teams working at our client’s sites to deliver our technology enabled infrastructure and equipment maintenance services (Facilities Management) for our clients across healthcare, education, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing plants and other market segments. This role would enable the field operations teams at Sodexo to deliver our best-in-class services in a standardized, and repeatable manner to ensure the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction for our clients.
The outcome of this standardization effort will:
- set the stage for the collection of data on equipment performance, work execution, customer satisfaction and other relevant variables
- enable us to perform benchmarks and analysis to help Sodexo identify best practices
- yield invaluable insights on how to minimize the cost of service delivery without sacrificing safety and customer satisfaction.
Success will be achieved through the use of some of the many tools and standard operating procedures that reside in Sodexo’s library of operations best practices called the Asset Management Framework (AMF). AMF is based on the British standard of asset management called PAS 55 as well as its international equivalent called ISO 55001. The successful candidate will possess a strong interest in learning and implementing change management strategies.
This will be a support role to, and directed by, experienced Facilities Management (FM) engineers, who will assign specific tasks. Located on a Sodexo Facilities Management account, the AMS Portfolio Optimization Intern will be an integral part of the Asset Management and Technical Services Team. He/she will assist the review and understand the current method of delivery of facilities management services to objectively quantify the level of quality of our service delivery in comparison to what was promised in our contract with the client. The AMS Portfolio Optimization Intern would then work with the team to help identify gaps or causes of any shortcomings. He/she can assist with prescribed actions along with enabling tools, technical support, software, processes and standard operating procedures to ensure the success of the remediation/correction plan.
Depending upon the progress of the Asset Management and Technical Services team’s progress in their journey to help deliver optimal service at our client site, the AMS Portfolio Optimization Intern will be responsible for supporting:
- Perform deep dive into our portfolio of Hard FM accounts to deliver insights, identify drivers and best practices of operational excellence to enable us advice our field teams and operators
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
- Graduate student with an interest in all areas of quality control and quality assurance e.g., the Toyota Production System, kaizen methods, TPM, JIT, SMED
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Keen interest in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Education: Should be enrolled in a graduate or PhD program in study that is focused on engineering, quality control and data analysis.
Work may typically be performed in a variety of environments including a standard office environment, client locations (which may include touring facility buildings, grounds, and mechanical areas), public transportation environments such as airports, planes, or trains, and typically requires occasional carrying, maneuvering and lifting to complete duties of the position. Frequent hand /eye coordination is used to operate keyboard and related office equipment. Position requires ability to conduct business at a variety of sites to meet with clients, and to observe operations.
Basic Education Requirement - Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, facilities management, engineering, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry related college program.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.