Your future, so sodexo
Senior Vice President, NorAm Sales Business Development - Government
Job category: Sales
Job ID: 73406
Sodexo's Government business segment is seeking a qualified Vice President for Business Development located in our Gaithersburg, MD office. This position is a member of our leadership team and reports directly to the Business Segment CEO of North America. Our client/customer base business portfolio focuses on the Department of Defense, Federal, State and Local Government. This leadership role will supervise a team of 8 professionals to include our sales proposal team function, market/strategy analyst and senior business development directors primarily located in our Gaithersburg, MD office.
This leadership position will be responsible for:
- Working within the regional government to achieve safe operations and profitable growth through new sales and through business development (retention, cross-selling, white spaces)
- Establishing a true sales and business development approach, culture, behaviors and action plan to develop the Government business
- Driving and being accountable for results and a winning sales culture through implementation of winning and consistent sales processes & behaviors
- Working collaboratively with the other sales leaders and team members within the Government segment to drive growth targets and share best practices and sales prospects across sub-government lines (when relevant) and across geographies to ensure that overall targets and outcomes are met
- Working with the CEO Government and Operations to develop the government sales strategy (in line with the Government strategic priorities) to deliver on our Quality of Life positioning
- Acting as the ‘voice of our customer’ within the government leadership circles and the Government global team to communicate customer and consumer demands, offer needs, and market realities and work with the CEO Government and transversal teams to ensure delivery to these needs.
- Representing Sodexo at industry and client events to establish relationships and brand presence with strategic target clients
- Ensuring the transfer of best practices from deals/customer solutions across the world
- Supporting deals in countries where there is no dedicated government sales team if required
- Leading strategic prospects and bidding processes for the largest or most strategic deals and own the customer relationships and winning culture approach
- Participating and actively engaging with Sales Council colleagues to ensure that sharing of best practices and value is brought through internal networks
- Delivering the above points within our organization which requires discipline, rigor and appropriate influencing skills and leadership behaviors as per group values and principles.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to travel as needed, up to 50% if located within the DC Metro area.
- Prior experience selling complex services within a Government portfolio.
- Facilities Management Sales experience (Preferred)
- Ability to collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
Sound like the opportunity you've been seeking? Apply TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.