Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Supply Management
Job category: Purchasing & Distribution
Job ID: 74490
Sodexo is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Supply Management for our Gaithersburg, MD office. This role is responsible for the strategic sourcing process and management of purchasing national and regional distribution contracts, in the bakery category. The ideal candidate should possess strong negotiation skills along with the ability to understand financial statements, data based information systems, the ability to manage an RFP process, to communicate within all levels of the organization and an understanding of regional logistics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of procurement practices with expertise in sourcing for managed categories, budgeting and forecasting of supply chain revenue, analysis of spend to identify opportunities within non-contracted areas and ensuring a strategic sourcing process is fully implemented across all categories.
- Lead Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Pricing (RFP) events, including preparation of bids, evaluation of bid proposals, and pricing negotiations.
- Collaborate with leaders across all levels of organizations to identify opportunities for collaborative development of products and/or services that yield cost savings and revenue generation.
- Negotiate Supplier Agreements that deliver value to market segments, including best price, service, quality and conditions, while also aligning to the organizational goals.
- Manage supplier relationships through quarterly Business Reviews to ensure compliance with supply agreement terms and conditions and to strategize on new opportunities that deliver value to the organization.
- Experience with food-based supply chain procurement contracts is important for this role.
- Requires strong negotiation skills as demonstrated by past historical success.
- Requires significant, broad knowledge and technical expertise in the managed categories in order to achieve results.
- Complete and thorough understanding of commodity and market indices that drive the cost basis in the manufacture of category products managed by the position.
- Basic understanding of contract terms, including but not limited to Insurance and Indemnification, termination clauses, audit provisions, and federal laws applicable to the contract.
- Significant knowledge of RFI and RFP processes, and detailed scope of work generation to ensure an accurate bid response from qualified bidding parties.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong strategic supplier relationships that benefit the purchaser and the supplier.
- Develop procurement programs that support Sodexo’s corporate initiatives including Supplier Diversity and “Better Tomorrow” sustainability goals.
- Supports operational market segments with cost reduction strategies; unit openings and closings; implementation of supply chain programs and resolution of program challenges.
- Intermediate skill level with Excel Spreadsheets, Word and PowerPoint.
- University degree or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental supply chain theories, principles and concepts.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.