Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Safety & Health
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 71472
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Manager of Health & Safety for the Safety Relationship Team. The Senior Manager HSE will be the content expert to lead, develop and continue the safety and environmental culture.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic HSE Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Combine your proven leadership and Health, Safety & Environmental technical expertise to enhance new client programs including short and long range planning, help build programs and systems which produce a positive result in safety behavior across the division. Implement Client Solutions by articulating the safety vision and present to leadership and clients in an engaging manner. Drive compliance to ensure Sodexo upholds the highest level of HSE standards.
Reporting directly to the Director of Safety & Health, this job will be responsible for representation of HSE capabilities at client meetings and sales presentations; support of new hire orientation for managers and frontline staff; dotted line technical management and oversight of in-unit HSE population. Provide safety support for Sodexo operations located in NJ, DE, and MD. Supervises two Safety & Health Managers; one a food safety SME and the other an EHS SME.
Travel is required within territory and the position is virtual. Ideal candidate MUST have access to a major airport and prefer he/she live in the NJ, PA, DE or MD area.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local and Company HSE requirements.
- Champion initiatives that identify risk, prioritize risk reduction measures, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks.
- Investigate work-related injuries and illnesses, perform root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Establish and maintain the training and emergency preparedness processes for associates in the facility
- Develop and initiate effective safety educational programs and conduct training as needed to ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
- Coach operations teams and unit based Safety professionals on EHS initiatives.
Ideally, the selected candidate would possess the following:
- HSE Certifications, OSHA 30 strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health & Safety or similar field is preferred
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing or Oil & Gas industry is desired
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in occupational health & safety programs, loss control, or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.