Your future, so sodexo
Senior Financial Analyst
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 69152
Sodexo has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst in the Government Services Division Finance Department at our U.S. Headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This position reports to the Director of Pricing, who reports into the Division VP of Finance.
This position will support Pricing Managers and the Pricing Director on competitive and sole source efforts with supervision, pricing both small and large complex proposals for Government clients.
The Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Assist in the development and coordination of cost volume packages which are consistent with customer requirements.
- Prepare analyses of estimates for inclusion in cost proposals, and explain in writing the results of the analysis performed, maintaining complete and orderly files to ensure an audit-ready posture.
- Support cost estimates, project reviews, and internal/external audit requests with accurate financial data and value-added financial analyses. This includes conducting research and analyzing historical data. Also includes creating costing/pricing models for use in proposals and for internal analyses.
- Effectively interface with technical and management personnel responsible for cost estimates.
- Analyze estimates of labor, material, equipment, and other direct costs.
- Actively participate on proposal teams for new business opportunities. Work in cooperation with the Pricing team to ensure the timely generation of pricing submissions and compliance with solicitation requirements and company review / approval process
- Develop and / or maintain department project plan documents
- Demonstrated critical/analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, at a minimum). Expert EXCEL skillset highly desirable.
- Knowledge of ESSBASE, System Application Products (SAP – SDX Accounting System), Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW) / Business Intelligence (BI).
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to create, utilize, support, and explain complex spreadsheet models.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid mathematics skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred however strong, relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.