Your future, so sodexo
Business Development Analyst
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 68022
This role is responsible for partnering with members of Finance, Sales and Operations to provide costing analytics for competitive business bids that are within the scope and service level requirement of the CS segment This role is part of a team that supports the competitive business development process within NorAm CS by compiling & analyzing relevant information, conducting analysis and providing insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure for new business opportunities in North America in order to develop the pro-forma used to ultimately price Sodexo’s proposed solution. This team’s work is essential to formulating proposed deal structure, contract terms and pricing for competitive business development proposals.
This role sets up templates, consolidates and provides analysis of the costing of the solutions provided by Solution Developers and Operators for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals generally over $30M, where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics. This role ensures that the pro-forma developed reflects operating assumptions that are consistent with the business conditions, key business performance drivers and assumptions for assigned business development processes. This position obtains appropriate information and data, and uses knowledge of the industry, Sodexo’s business operating model, advanced levels of operational experience, and analytics to provide costing recommendations that are ultimately incorporated into the overall deal and pricing structure for competitive business development proposals.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Conducts business costing analysis and provides insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure for complex, high risk competitive business development proposals where the cost structure includes multiple tier rates, and multiple services outlets where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
· Utilizes Sodexo internal operating data, personal experience and understanding of Sodexo’s business models, competitor knowledge and industry benchmarks to conduct a thorough analysis and to provide optimal, competitive, and realistic costing structure recommendations for the deal structure and pricing process.
· Participates in the development and ongoing improvement of costing tools and resources
· Presents pro-formas to Sales, Operations and Finance teams and reviews them to facilitate understanding and to drive confidence in the models developed.
· Supports the review process to ensure that reliable and accurate costing data is consistently used in the business development process
- 5 years in operations or finance functions or equivalent role or experience.
- Proven experience analyzing a variety of operating unit cost structures for complex competitive business development proposals over $30M or new product development with an FMCG background, where the cost structure includes significant labor elements where there is a high degree of financial consequence to Sodexo associated with inaccurate costing analytics.
- BS Degree in Finance, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years experience in finance, business, development, and proposal development
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.