Your future, so sodexo
Safety and Health Manager
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 68007
US-FL-LAKE BUENA VISTA
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for providing coordinated management support and program direction in the areas of health, safety, and environmental (HSE) program development, management and compliance internally for the Sodexo team while also assisting the client HSE Managers to ensure an effective integration of programs. In addition, the HSE manager provides direct communication to account management on current HSE related incidents and compliance concerns, program development needs, and actions necessary to affect positive and sustained results. Position is based in Florida with travel to Puerto Rico.
- Leadership skills and ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholder at all levels of the organization
- High sense of ownership and self-accountability
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, embrace diversity and provide simple solutions to complex situations
- Extensive Health and Safety expertise is a must. Food Safety is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety with 5 years of relevant work experience
- Subject matter expertise and domain knowledge in OSHA regulations, behavioral based safety, facility management and program/project management
- Safety-related designation or certification such as CIH or CSP is a plus.
Bilingual language skills (Spanish specifically) preferred. Conducts studies and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health laws, standards and regulations and industrial hygene. Investigates accidents and promotes safety-conscious work performance and training programs. Provides safety performance measures. Determine root cause analysis. Ensures corporate and regulatory compliance for the company quality assuance and food safety initiatives by proactively providing technical expertise, training and support across Divisions at the regional level. This position is also responsible for managing the crisis resolution process in a timley manner.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.