Your future, so sodexo
Instructional Designer, Learning & Development for Comfort Keepers, Inc
Job category: Human Resources
Job ID: 49849
Comfort Keepers, Inc. (a partner with Sodexo) is seeking an Instructional Designer to join their Learning and Development Group.
Comfort Keepers® is an in-home assistance company that provides these alternative solutions by allowing seniors to remain in their homes while receiving the aid and assistance they need to lead safe and comfortable lives. Comfort Keepers provide part-time care, full-time care. From nutritional meal preparation, assistance with grooming to light housekeeping and companionship, Comfort Keepers helps make our clients' lives brighter, safer, and more enjoyable. Please feel free to explore our website: http://www.comfortkeepers.com/home/info-center/the-comfort-keepers-difference/full-time-in-home-assistance-by-comfort-keepers#sthash.JXkuPNMq.dpuf
Transition Information for Sodexo Internal Employees: (This does not apply to External Candidates) Sodexo Internal Employees please note that Comfort Keepers has its own competitive compensation and benefit package
The Instructional Designer serves as a leading specialist of content development and instructional design. This person contributes to the success of the CKFI mission by creating training programs and managing projects to meet system initiatives and strategic goals for Comfort Keeper franchisees and their staff, Company Operations, and CKFI staff. Works closely in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts and Regional Directors to design and create effective learning solutions directed to meet business needs and produce measurable results.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of five years instructional design experience – including design and content development
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong background in training and adult learning principles
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools is required; preferably Lectora
- Researches and organizes information and writes instructional materials (eLearning, CBT, ILT, storyboards, scripts, and much more) that transform complex, unorganized information into professionally written, clear, interactive, engaging, strategically driven courses.
- Structures course content and develops course outlines, determines user pathways to create instructional and navigational templates, and selects presentation media based on the needs of the course with the end user in mind.
- Conducts needs/audience analysis, develops training objectives and lesson plans, and collaborates on instructional treatment to develop high quality, custom coursework to meet the organizational needs.
- Manages project resources to ensure deliverables are completed on schedule and within budgetary restraints.
- Confers with department leader, peers, and subject matter experts to ensure the deliverables are in alignment with organizational goals.
- Works independently, applying intensive and diversified knowledge into every project and course. Seen as the instructional design expert on the learning and development team and will mentor and coach others to gain better understanding of the principles of content development.
- Performs a wide Variety of professional tasks, which demand a high level of creativity and imagination, as well as a thorough knowledge of the applicable network needs and expectations.
- Provides guidance and direction with regard to how coursework should be delivered.
- Works in conjunction with department leader, colleagues, and other business associates to gain knowledge of learning gaps and to better understand the needs of the network.
- Engage individuals within the organization to clearly understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies to ensure training is fresh and in alignment with the strategic organizational goals.
- Develop strong relationships with all departments within the organization to aid in course creation and feedback.
- Remains current on developments in training and instructional methodologies.Competency/Skill
- Time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Expertise in leading large scale project teams
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment
- Expertise in instructional design and adult learning principles
- Broad knowledge of teaching/instructional methodologies
- Ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to travel nationwide, overnight up to 35% of the time
- Must be able to fund reimbursable travel expenses with a personal credit card
- Must be able to drive a vehicle, rent a vehicle, have an acceptable driving record and provide proof of vehicle insurance
Home office, field environment
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree.
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years in instructional design, or a related field.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.