Your future, so sodexo
Vice President of Operations - Hospitals
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 68505
Sodexo is seeking a Vice President of Operations within our hospitals Segment. This role will strategically support multiple large and prestigious healthcare locations primarily based in our eastern region with support as needed to our mid-west and western geography.
At the organizational level, the Vice President of Operations contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing costs, and improving the productivity, revenue generating capacity and image of the entire organization. This position ensures a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business.
More specifically this role will:
- Be responsible for the overall operations, leadership and management of a portfolio of clients within a specific division with managed volume in excess of 500M. Ensures comprehensive service solutions within his/her division are designed, managed, and delivered in a manner that has a significant impact on their prospective and respective client's strategic business needs.
- Provide strategic leadership for the company by working with the executive management committees, councils and peer senior executives to establish and deploy long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Embrace accountability for the continued growth, profitability, and corporate compliance of his/her organization, and works towards annual and quarterly performance metrics established by the business market president.
- Optimize strategic partners and relationships to initiate appropriate strategies to enhance customer services and fiscal stability of the business relationship.
- Establish and execute policies, programs, and procedures to support delivery of services and/or solutions to clients including improving overall operations and effectiveness. Design and apply the strategic planning venue of the business and implement strategic plans.
- Develop and implement activities driving infrastructure changes and cultural changes that align with the business strategy.
- Design and implement Strategic Partnership programs that create synergy among the business segments.
- Enhance Sodexo’s quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging business segment contributions toward the company’s quality improvement efforts.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the division's fiscal function and performance.
- Develop and assess business data necessary to support strategic decision-making including with particular emphasis on assessing revenue, profitability and business development.
- Oversee the overall strategic leadership in proposal development activities, including positioning, strategy development, customer negotiations, contract review, and pricing/costing.
- Provide strategic direction on the development and implementation of awards, recognition, rewards & relevant incentive compensation programs for the company.
- Prepare presentations to management groups, leadership groups and the boards to explain the company’s market position and initiatives.
- Lead and manage the overall communications strategy, supporting business plan objectives in conjunction with Corporate Communications. Provide strategy guidance to Marketing and Public Relations.
Are you the One?
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic-minded leader with entrepreneurial spirit who can merge our clients’ vision and expectations into Sodexo’s mission of providing outstanding Quality of Life services. This role will have a heavy focus on building and maintaining exceptional client relationships at all levels of the organization. Strategic leadership experience within a large, complex healthcare organization is highly preferred. A Master's degree or equivalent experience is highly desireable.
Location and Travel:
This position requires up to 60% nationwide travel. Our selected candidate will reside or be willing to relocate to the Eastern Region of the US.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years of multi-unit, support, or strategic leadership experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.