Your future, so sodexo
Unit Safety Manager 2
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 75501
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Safety and Compliance Manager for its School Services segment at Springfield Public Schools located in Springfield, MA. The Safety and Compliance Manager will serve as the unit subject matter expert in a large urban school district with 350 union employees, a state-of-the-art food production facility that includes warehousing and distribution, and 60 plus feeding sites. The person in this position will assist in developing a zero-harm environment by overseeing and ensuring compliance with Sodexo and regulatory policies regarding food and physical safety.
Responsibilities of the Unit Safety and Compliance Manager:
Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Provide health and safety leadership and direction to managers and in-unit front line staff. Managers.
- Serve as the corporate health and safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators, and staff.
- Manage health and safety resources and related departmental budgets.
- Serve as the primary contact on health and safety issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with local representatives.
- Create, manage, and review, site specific health and safety policies and programs as needed
- Manage the internal auditing program for QA and Safety to ensure compliance with company, state and federal best practices
- Compile and present reports on safety metrics to senior management on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Ensure that personnel are adequately trained in emergency response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that safety emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Manages and oversees workers compensation and general liability claims management
- Oversee, manage and ensure safety orientation for all new personnel as applicable.
- Reviews all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for safety related issues.
- Participate in meetings with field personnel.
- Organizes and conduct safety training as necessary
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.