Your future, so sodexo
Assistant Security Manager
Job category: Administrative
Job ID: 77101
The Assistant Security Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the security department and works closely with the Sodexo Security Operations Manager and on-site client to address and resolve items affecting the department. This is a client facing, leadership role.
- Coordination of scheduling for all frontline employees to ensure shifts are filled in compliance with client expectation and site policy.
- Enter payroll and reviewing for accuracy before final processing.
- Coach frontline supervisors and officers and issue disciplinary actions when needed.
- Create and implement standard procedures or policies.
- Ensure consistent training and enforcement of procedures and policies.
- Assist in the hiring and interview process for new employees.
- Lead or oversee the initial onboarding and training of new employees
- Develop and execute training scenarios and refresher training for all frontline employees
Additional general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Guard’s property against damage, fire, theft, trespassing and illegal entry.
- Makes periodic rounds of buildings and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are properly secured.
- Enforces regulations and ensures the observance of applicable laws.
- In the event of infractions, warns or evicts people.
- Interviews guests and employees to detect infringements and to investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents or incidents.
- Reports irregularities to management.
- Provides assistance to accident victims and handles emergencies.
- May lift and move equipment or a person. May pursue or apprehend people.
- May assist management and law enforcement officials in emergency situations, apprehending unauthorized persons found on the property, searching and seizing items (sometimes requiring force), and investigating suspected thefts.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriate professionalism.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Responsible for the coordination of routine day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to coordination of daily duties.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.