Your future, so sodexo
System Director 3 - Facilities Operations
Job category: Facilities
Job ID: 62276
Sodexo is seeking a Director of Facilities Operations at Lowell General Hospital in Lowell, MA.
Relocation assistance is available!
Under the direction of the District Manager, Sodexo Leadership, and Hospital Senior Leadership, the Facilities Director is responsible for all campus systems; mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements at Lowell General Hospital Main Campus, Saints Campus and numerous off-site facilities. The position has oversight of all operational and capital budgets for the facilities engineering department as well as the development and implementation of system framework to support asset management programs and preservation of the hospital Infrastructure.
Seeking a Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) as well as previous hospitals facilities management experience.
The Director of Facilities Operations has oversight of 24 staff members in a 500,000 square foot facility. The position also oversees construction/renovation operations, landscape operations, campus planning, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs, and energy management. The position ensures compliance with local, state, federal regulations, and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services, and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics, and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Negotiates project contracts.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all times.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
Basic Education Requirement- Bachelor's degree
Basic Management Experience- 3 years
Basic Functional Experience- 4 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.