Your future, so sodexo
Vice President, Sales - Schools
Job category: Sales
Job ID: 66139
Sodexo is in search of a Vice President, Sales supporting our Schools segment. The selected candidate will live within the territory which includes the Northeast and Southeast United States. The states covered in this territory include: NY, MA, CT, VT, NH, ME, RI, OH, PA, NJ, MD, DE, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, AR, TN & The District of Columbia)
The Vice President Sales is responsible for supervising Directors of Business Development and leading the growth teams in a specific geography on strategic territory planning and effect attainment of growth target. The position requires a bachelor’s degree and/or 5-7 years of successful sales experience, preferably in Food and Facilities Education. Candidate must live close to a major airport and reside within the defined sales territory.
- Develop and execute an effective sales strategy for new business and cross sales.
- Identify and qualify opportunities and manage the new sales process.
- Develop high level relationships and support local teams to grow and retain business.
- Investigate and analyze potential new business markets and new business growth strategies as well as competitors’ activities with clients or targeted clients.
- Achieve new sales and organic growth targets for assigned and targeted clients.
- Develop robust Webs of Influence.
- Ensure that top to top relationships exist between Sodexo and client senior management as well as regular interaction at all levels of both organizations.
- Develop and sell innovative and differentiated offers to grow business.
- Manage and lead the retention and rebid processes as needed.
- Ability to negotiate, to convince or persuade others.
- Strategic innovator with proven leadership and closing qualities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial and operational data.
- Ability to interface with all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Consultative sales experience at a national level with multi-sites and layers of decision makers.
- Accurately forecast financial data to include budget and sales activities.
- Review and find creative deal structures working with the finance team.
- Analyze and recommend best financial strategy to maximize ROI.
- Manage and be diligent in managing individual budget for the given fiscal year.
The position entails travel 70% of the time.
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, and/or sales - MBA preferred; or
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 year
Basic Functional Experience - At least 10 years sales services or industry-related work experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.