Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Finance (Remote / Virtual)
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 62251
This is a Remote / Virtual position
Sodexo has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Senior Finance Manager. The role will serve
as the Senior Finance Manager with full accounting and finance responsibilities supporting a major
Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) account.
Responsible for reviewing and analyzing and preparing financial reports related to the finance function.
The Senior Finance Manager’s role is to provide contractual and client insight to drive the contract/site performance in accordance with the financial terms of the contract with the support of the regional Corporate Services and transversal finance teams whilst providing the conduit to the client for financial issues e.g. overdue debt follow-up, change control, etc.
The commercial aspects of the contract are challenging with a rigorous savings plan, but with opportunities for significant growth and expansion of service scope e.g. Projects. The position will provide the opportunity to deliver real value both to the client and Sodexo whilst ensuring the basics around reporting to the management of Sodexo, and Pfizer, as to the progress of the contract. The Senior Finance Manager is specifically responsible for driving the financial and commercial performance of the contract alongside the VP of Operations and ensuring risk mitigation plans are in place.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the key growth drivers of the account:
- To develop and deliver contract training, to ensure all resources understand the contract requirements, levers and process and when to use them and ensure contract compliance to the financial terms
- Implementation of management control system and reporting protocols, to ensure cost controls are in place from day one, including the management of PILOT for purchase order control;
- Ensure adequate, potentially automated, documentation and speed of execution of change control process, including client Budget review whilst ensuring Sodexo financial returns
- Overseeing all legal and financial aspects of Contract under the MSA, including CPI/KPI performance, margin delivery and communication with the client
- Continually demonstrating to Pfizer the true value added by Sodexo in supporting their business needs, for example, but not limited to savings.
- Implementing and driving the financial function across the account and in countries to support the delivery of the overall account objectives – as a minimum Group Investment Committee:
- With specific ownership focused on projects and out of scope services – both pricing and pipeline management (to be deployed as part of contract training process);
- Supporting the growth of the “Food Services P&L”, by working with Marketing and Operations to adapt retail techniques, such as category management and value pricing.
- Ensuring appropriate internal governance, in line with Delegation of Authority and ensuring internal governance is aligned to the contractual governance framework, including ensuring that the Central Account and budgets are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Delivering management reporting, in line with Strategic accounts standard practices, with particular focus on:
- Tracking initiatives related to savings commitments in line with the contract and other contractual changes;
- Operational performance metrics, early warning issues and corrective action plans;
- Optimizing revenue and profit opportunities across the account;
- Working alongside operational colleagues to ensure ownership across the account and supporting functions; and
- Manage quarterly forecast and annual budgets by factoring for seasonality in services
- Leading all financial activities on the account including period end close with the support of the Corporate Services Finance teams and Regional Transversal teams: internal control, planning, risk management, cash management, providing respective Regional CS CFO with commercial insights and improvement initiatives in line with the contract
- Deploying existing Strategic accounts tools – Sodexo Connections – as appropriate to support the deployment of the Global Contract with the support of Strategic accounts Finance team and leveraging existing Global process toolkits from Service Operations.
- Managing relationships with Pfizer stakeholders, with a proactive attendance of client meetings (site reviews), negotiating day to day changes/Annual Budgets etc. as appropriate.
- Supporting business reviews: monthly site/regional reviews, and ad hoc reviews.
- Completion of ad-hoc Finance-related studies/ missions/ presentations as requested.
- Supervise the performance of Unit Controllers who will be providing field accounting support to multisite locations
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Educated to a minimum of bachelors degree in accounting and finance or equivalent standard and relevant accounting qualification
- Proven track record in finance with experience in an international and multicultural environment
- Significant financial exposure impacting key P&L and Balance sheet lines, the experience to be a business partner to operations - gravitas and experience to challenge, for example Project costing, pricing and accounting
- Relationship builder both internally and externally, with ability to influence and negotiate externally
- Experience of financial modelling
- Process orientation and implementation experience
- Hands on pro-active approach with an ability to work well autonomously
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work in a collaborative way
- Presentation skills, ability to interact at any level of the organization
- Position will support portfolio of business with locations in MI, MA, NC, Puerto Rico (3) and
- Travel up to 25% will be required #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's degree in accounting, business, finance or related field.
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years in accounting, finance or a related field.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.