Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Marketing
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 73359
Sodexo Energy & Resources (E&R) is offering an excellent opportunity for a Senior Manager, Marketing to support our US and Canadian Offshore & Marine, Onshore Oil & Gas, Energy & Constructions, Mining business segments where we deliver a wide range of top-quality, fully integrated services including but not limited to, food services, housekeeping, laundry, janitorial, retail, front desk, wellness, entertainment, grounds keeping, and facilities management. This role will be responsible for all marketing activities for E&R North America and the selected candidate will need to understand the alignment between regional priorities and global E&R Marketing strategy.
The Senior Manager, Marketing will establish the direction to increase revenues by implementing retail programs where he/she will face resistance internally and by the consumers. He/she will overcome operational challenges that arise during development and implementation of projects due to the remote location of our accounts. This manager will need to feel comfortable working within a Matrix organization where understanding and building relationships with various transversal teams will be key in bringing value to the business.
To support our growing retail strategy, we are looking for an intuitive individual who is passionate about retail and delivering the best experience for the customer. This is a hands-on role and involves a large amount of autonomy, and regular site visits.
The role will have three main areas of activity:
- Operational marketing
- Retail / vending
- Consumer and client insights
Support the operations teams as well as Business Development teams. Specifically:
- Support site mobilizations of Sodexo services / offers to ensure brand compliance
- Support Business Development in the selection of Sodexo services / offers for client presentations and proposals
- Coordinate various suppliers and vendors, internally and externally
Retail and Vending:
Create retail practices and processes and drive compliance to introduce additional streams of revenue.
- Making retail/vending recommendations based on locations, data interpretation and consumer behavior/trends
- Identify opportunities for developing and implementing design experiences and product placements to fulfil consumer needs
- Analyze consumer purchasing data to gain insight into product popularity and profitability and display offers accordingly to improve attractiveness and profit margins
- Analyze sales data and make recommendations on adjustments to the product range and Stock Keeping Units (SKUs)
- In conjunction with the pricing team, coordinate and advice on opportunities for increasing revenue regarding pricing decisions
Consumer and Client Insights:
Collect client and consumer insights from the sites to improve consumers’ experience and recommend improvements that drive profitable growth and create value for / improve the Quality of Life of individuals living and working in remote locations.
- Implement consumer and client insights plans
- Collect, analyze and interpret data and follow up with relevant teams for further use of this information
- Support the adaptation and development of Sodexo services / offers by supplying insights as a key driver
- In the long term, assess current Consumer & Client data & knowledge collection processes & tools and define new requirements
- Support Portfolio Articulation
- Identify needs for refresh and renew
- Identify need states / gaps / opportunities by being in constant touch with the market and internal operations
- Support country and industry specific initiatives on offer development
- Support deployment and monitoring of offers at site
- Support the selling process of the Business Development and Operations teams
Retail / Vending
- Implementing new retail concepts and ensure compliance to all retail initiatives
- Identify optimum POS system per location requirements and provide training, support and guidance to the on-site management team
- Coordinate the development of planograms and ensure compliance
- Provide training, support and guidance to teams on-site
- Advising on product ranging and stock management
- Building effective relationships with key suppliers
Consumer and client Insights
- Implement consumer surveys using group tools
- Implement client surveys using group tools
- Implement Personix to support new bids or contract renewals
- Support the implementation of instant feedback tools
- Contribute to refresh and renew of processes for insights
- Identify gaps and feed into annual plans
It is preferred that this candidate have a degree in a marketing discipline and also have at least 5 years’ experience in a marketing-related positions and with exposure to retail.
It is preferred that this manager reside in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, but consideration will also be given to candidates who reside near a major airport and can travel extensively nationally and regularly throughout Canada with a strong focus on the Toronto area.
For more information on Sodexo Energy and Resources click here!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Serviceshttp://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in marketing or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.