Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 3
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 76219
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 3 for a new sale at Murray State University located in scenic Murray, Kentucky.
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
Murray State University is a four-year public university with about 10,500 students, it has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" as one of the top regional universities in the U.S. for 26 straight years.
This position will have direct financial oversight for the account and work closely with the General Manager to analyze month-end reporting, provide variance explanations and corrective action plans as needed, annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting and execute the accounts receivable process from contracting thru collections, enters weekly accounts payables, produce weekly financial reconciliation, and investigate and correct variances.
In addition, The Unit Controller 3 will also analyze operating and financial statement information, as well as analyze, develop, document, and implement departmental accounting policies, procedures, and systems, and make recommendations for improvement, and maintain accuracy of databases to produce accurate financial results, including contractual liabilities, train and mentor others on the financial acumen of this account. The position reports directly to the General Manager.
Relocation offered with this position
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Strong financial acumen with prior Unit Controller experience in a large dining environment;
- Knowledge of step commissions, board billing for block meal plans, subcontract billing, and deferred income logs;
- Experience supporting and training unit operators on various finance procedures including forecasting, budget process, and various reporting tools;
- Excellent organization skills (ability to prioritize and maintain core responsibilities/accountability) in order to meet all required timelines, attention to detail and the ability to work in a high pressure environment;
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain contract language;
- Reconciliation of multiple internal accounting systems (Client and Sodexo);
- Responsible for cash control, cash handling, and internal audits;
- Creating documents, spreadsheets, reports and presentations for clients & General Manager
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Must possess a high degree of initiatives (revenue growth and cost reduction ideas);
- Payroll systems (ADP and Kronos preferred);
- Builds strong relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure operational effectiveness with excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a diverse community;
- Responsibilities to ensure integrity, diligence and accuracy of financial results for Client and Sodexo.
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.