Your future, so sodexo
Grounds /Landscape Architect Manager
Job category: Facilities
Job ID: 65515
Sodexo is seeking a Grounds /Landscape Architect Manager for Education Division at Western Kentucky University located in Bowling Green, KY.
As a Grounds Manager, you can take your career to new heights with Sodexo. You will implement Sodexo’s innovative programs to provide the best in grounds care. WKU is a Division 1 college and has been recognized as one of the nation's most beautiful campuses, and Tree Campus USA, and PGMS award winner.
- Manage maintenance and operations for WKU Campus Services including, grounds, trash removal, recycling, surplus, landscaping and snow removal of a 260 acre campus while directly overseeing the hiring, training, daily performance, safety and efficiency of 30 facilities’ employees.
- Collaborate with other facility managers, the DFM Maintenance & Custodial groups, senior level WKU officials in Athletics, Housing and Resident Life, Parking & Transportation and Special Events to detect, prevent and solve potential issues ensuring seamless FM operations.
- Tour work sites regularly to connect with team members, remain informed of issues important to the workforce and ensure conformity to quality & service standards in order to maintain the reputation and expectations of both Sodexo and WKU.
- Manage the season maintenance of 3 natural Bermuda turf athletic fields ensuring safety and playability to meet the needs and expectations of the WKU athletics program
- Prepare and analyze strategic reports, balance and manage budgets, as well as accurately project budgets to meet revenue goals for Sodexo.
- Review construction documents and make necessary adjustments for construction projects to ensure the cultural longevity of the landscape and enhance the aesthetics of the WKU campus.
- A proven track record of successful Grounds Management leadership experience
- Strong technical knowledge of Landscaping Maintenance, Landscaping Construction & Renovation and Sports Turf Management
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Education, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. See more jobs like this one here.www.SodexoFacilitiesCareers.com.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.