Your future, so sodexo
Area General Manager
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 77596
Sodexo Universities is seeking an Area General Manager to oversee the food service operations for Kansas State University Athletics Division located in the Manhattan, Kansas. The Area General Manager will oversee a very high level of service and creativity for this high volume, premier account. The AGM will report to the District Manager and lead a team of experienced managers including an Operations Manager, Training Table Manager, Catering Managers, Executive Chefs and a Concessions Manager.
The Area General Manager will have full responsibility for concessions operations at all athletic facilities (including a 50K seat football stadium and 12K seat basketball arena, 2K seat baseball stadium), suite and club level catering at a large football venue, special event and athletic/university catering needs, and training tables as contracted at the various facilities throughout the campus and surrounding areas. Full P&L responsibilities, HACCP/Sanitation, cost controls, customer service priorities and client relations/satisfaction are top priorities.
Ideal candidate will have:
- five or more years service management experience as a Senior Level General Manager or District Manager ideally in a very high volume university/sports & leisure setting
- strong client relations and team building skills
- innovation and concept focused with strong attention to detail
- the ability to manage through managers and develop diverse and talented teams
- strong financial acumen, P&L and experience writing and managing budgets
- proven track record to manage costs with ability to manage multiple operations
- effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with high level presentation skills
- proven experience in relationship building and interaction skills with C-Suite/Administration
- visionary skills to think "out-of-the-box" to meet the needs of customers and clients within the contract
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.