Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 77975
Sodexo is seeking an experience Executive Manager for Terre Haute Regional Hospital located in Terre Haute, IN.
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus Available With This Opportunity!
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing food production, patient services - At Your Request (AYR), retail, catering and Simply To Go items. The ideal candidate has a culinary degree/certificate, ServSafe Certificate and thorough understanding of HACCP for regulatory compliance.
The Executive Chef will have skills to conduct inventory, place orders, develop menus, provide training to the kitchen staff and handle multiple priorities. Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will have experience respectfully supervising and supporting the production functions of kitchen staff, the ability to motivate employees to continually improve performance and outcomes with a passion for preparing and executing outstanding dining experiences. The adherence to proper food handling and proper safety programs and a working knowledge of web-based programs is critical to the Executive Chef's success.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability to develop and train front-line employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.