Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 77201
Big adventures bring on big appetites!
Sodexo Leisure has an exciting new Chef Manager to support our Executive Chef at the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis, IN! The Children’s Museum is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary family learning experiences that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. With a 472,900 square-foot facility situated on 29 acres, it is the largest children’s museum in the world.
- Supporting day to day culinary operations/production for the venue - retail dining, concessions, in-house catering, to include healthy menu options
- Assisting the Executive Chef with oversight of the kitchen staff; monitoring and ensuring compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards; oversight of food purchasing, the establishment of production and inventory levels, and the management and control of food cost using Sodexo proprietary software
- Assisting with purchasing, production, scheduling and menu writing
- Experience in supporting culinary operations for multiple outlets & catering
- Very high-end taste and a sophisticated palette
- Ability to lead, inspire & train a culinary team
- Creativity at menu development & offerings
- A passion for on trend cooking and presentations
- Building a team through creative teaching and accountability.
- Previous experience in high-end restaurants, on-site & off-site catering, and/or concessions accounts
Why Choose Sodexo? Explore our Salaried Benefits HERE
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is the world's largest children's museum. The museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. It is 472,900 square feet with five floors of exhibit halls and receives more than one million visitors annually. Its collection of over 120,000 artifacts and exhibit items is divided into three domains: the American Collection, the Cultural World Collection, and the Natural World Collection. Among the exhibits are a simulated Cretaceous dinosaur habitat, a carousel, and a steam locomotive. The museum's focus is family learning; most exhibits are designed to be interactive, allowing children and families to actively participate. Visit The Children's Museum
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.