Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 64756
Catering Manager 3 @ Lewis University located in Romeoville, IL
Sodexo's university segment has an opening for a dynamic Catering Manager 3 at our growing university with a total MV of $5.5MIL in annual sales. Our long tenured account, Lewis University is located in Romeoville, IL., which is 26 miles southwest of Chicago. The Lewis main campus is picturesque, with 376-acres, housing more than 1,100 students in 11 residence halls. Our dining services consists of resident dining, retail, catering and a convenience store. Reporting to the GM, you will oversee a staff of up to 20 associates in a union environment. Catering Manager will oversee and innovative $1MIL+ MV catering operation that offers our high profile client high end catering as well as oversees the day to day catering scheduling/technical delivery of all catering on and off site.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events and have demonstrated knowledge in casual and fine dining, and banquet management as well as strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills. Experience directing catering operations. Additional skills include experience in high volume activity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong catering experience including solid financial acumen.
- High volume catering / banquet experience.
- High profile and High End catering – attention to detail and providing exceptional catering service - developing creative options to fit our client's needs.
- Ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events at a time.
- A demonstrated knowledge in casual and fine dining, and banquet management.
- Experience with writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish would assist in managing the workforce, but not mandatory.
The University is included in the top tier of U.S. News and World Report's rankings of the best Midwest master's-level universities, most recently placing 58 out of a total of 144 institutions. The Princeton Review named Lewis one of the "Best Midwestern Colleges," with Lewis being ranked among a select list of 23 Illinois colleges and 158 Midwest institutions.
Click here to lean more about Lewis University: http://www.lewisu.edu/
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.