Your future, so sodexo
Food Service Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 65461
Food Service Manager 2 @ Northwestern University
Sodexo university's segment is seeking a results driven Food Service Manager 2 for our premiere location at Northwestern University located in Evanston, IL on the magnificent shore of Lake Michigan. Our scope of responsibility includes 6 resident dining halls, a student center, and multiple branded and non-branded retail outlets that include the first and only Campus concept by Rick Bayless, Fonterra Grill. Additionally we have multiple convenience stores as well as campus catering. Branded as Northwestern Dining, our focus is on quality, expertise, innovation, community, wellness and sustainability. The current landscape includes a complex union environment, multiple clients and a drive to be the best.
As our Food Service Manager 2 you will oversee 1835 Hinman Dining Hall ($3 MIL MV). Hinman is nestled between Alice Millar Chapel and Lake Michigan, 1835 Hinman Dining Hall is open Monday through Friday and offers continuous dining. Hinman's weekly menu includes homemade soups, pastas, and a large salad bar stocked with a variety of fresh toppings and dressings. Halal meats are available at the grill on request. 1835 Hinman also features a C-Store which offers Simply-to-Go salads, sandwiches and wraps, bottled beverages, snacks, and ice cream as well as toiletries. Whether you’re fueling up for class or a study session, grab an espresso or cappuccino from our Seattle’s Best Coffee machine. Reporting to our Retail Operations Manager, you will manage a staff of 2 supervisors and up to 35 union associates.
- Responsible for oversight of data entry and completion of regular required financial reports.
- Responsible for employee scheduling.
- Responsible for the execution of cash handling policy and procedures.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Works to implement Sodexo programs, policies and procedures.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages a team.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with HACCP food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Takes on additional duties as assigned.
Learn more about the exciting venues managed by Sodexo Universities: Higher Edu Quality of Life
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.