Your future, so sodexo
Food Service Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 65364
Food Service Manager 2 @ Northwestern University
Sodexo university's segment is seeking a results driven Food Service Manager 2 for our premiere location at Northwestern University located in Evanston, IL on the magnificent shore of Lake Michigan. Our scope of responsibility includes 6 resident dining halls, a student center, and multiple branded and non-branded retail outlets that include the first and only Campus concept by Rick Bayless, Fonterra Grill. Additionally we have multiple convenience stores as well as campus catering. Branded as Northwestern Dining, our focus is on quality, expertise, innovation, community, wellness and sustainability. The current landscape includes a complex union environment, multiple clients and a drive to be the best.
As our Food Service Manager 2 you will oversee Allison Hall ($5 MIL MV). Allison Dining Hall is open seven days a week and is located on South Campus. The dining room, one of the largest on campus, creates an inviting atmosphere where students can enjoy a healthy meal while the bright sunlight shines through the glass-ceiling. Allison offers freshly grilled sandwiches, a salad bar with a wide selection of toppings and dressings, an international bar, classic favorites like pizza, salad, and pasta. Vegetarian and vegan options are available for every meal. Halal meats are available at the grill on request.
Under the supervision of Rabbi Joseph Assayag, Allison is proud to offer a completely Kosher station and Kosher meals Sunday through Thursday for both lunch and dinner and Friday for lunch. We offer Kosher soups, salads, sides, and entrees. Reporting to our Executive Chef, you will oversee 45 hourly union associates and 2 supervisors.
- Responsible for oversight of data entry and completion of regular required financial reports.
- Responsible for employee scheduling.
- Responsible for the execution of cash handling policy and procedures.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Works to implement Sodexo programs, policies and procedures.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages a team.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with HACCP food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Takes on additional duties as assigned.
Learn more about the exciting venues managed by Sodexo Universities: Higher Edu Quality of Life
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.