Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Finance
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 70589
Sodexo has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Senior Finance Manager. The role will serve as the Senior Finance Manager with full accounting and finance responsibilities supporting a major Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) account.
The contract will be deployed and managed centrally by Sodexo and the client Management Team, as the client's single point of contact. Reporting to Regional Sr Director Finance with a dotted line to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Finance Manager is a key member of the account team; contributing significantly to delivering the value of this contract to the client and to Sodexo.
The account Senior Finance Manager’s role is to provide contractual and client insight to drive the contract/site performance in accordance with the financial terms of the contract with the support of the Regional CS and transversal finance teams. Whilst providing the conduit to the client for financial issues e.g. overdue debt follow-up, change control etc.
The commercial aspects of the contract are challenging with a rigorous savings plan, but with opportunities for significant growth and expansion of service scope e.g. Projects. The position will provide the opportunity to deliver real value both to the client and Sodexo whilst ensuring the basics around reporting to the management of Sodexo to the progress of the contract. The Senior Finance Manager is specifically responsible for driving the financial and commercial performance of the contract alongside the Vice President of Operations and ensuring risk mitigation plans are in place.
Key responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the key growth drivers of the account:
• To develop and deliver contract training, to ensure all resources understand the contract requirements, levers and process and when to use them and ensure contract compliance with the financial terms;
• Supporting the mobilization of sites, financial ownership for key milestone sign off including baseline validation and solution, working with the account teams (including Service Operations) to deliver client requirements and Sodexo Gross Profit;
• Implementation of management control system and reporting protocols, to ensure cost controls are in place from day one, including the implementation of Pilot for purchase order control;
• Ensure adequate, potentially automated, documentation and speed of execution of change control process, including client Budget review whilst ensuring Sodexo financial returns;
• Overseeing all legal and financial aspects of Contract under the MSA, including CPI/KPI performance, margin delivery and communication with the client
• Implementation of innovation (ability to monitor and report) and Strategic accounts best practices; and
• Continually demonstrating to the client, the true value added by Sodexo in supporting their business needs, for example, but not limited to, savings.
Implementing and driving the financial function across the account and to support the delivery of the overall account objectives:
a. With specific ownership focused on projects and out of scope services – both pricing and pipeline management (to be deployed as part of contract training process);
b. Supporting the growth of the food business, by working with Marketing and Operations to adopt retail techniques, such as category management and value pricing.
- Ensuring appropriate internal governance, in line with Delegation of Authority and ensuring internal governance is aligned with the contractual governance framework, including ensuring that the budgets are managed effectively and efficiently.
Delivering management reporting, in line with Strategic accounts standard practices, with a focus on:
1. Tracking initiatives related to savings commitments in line with the contract and other contractual changes;
2. Operational performance metrics, early warning issues, and corrective action plans;
3. Optimizing revenue and profit opportunities across the account; and
4. Working alongside operational colleagues to ensure ownership of the account and supporting functions.
Deploying with Sodexo(corporate/regions//sites) financial processes in line with the Contract, specifically liaising both with the internal Sodexo contract management teams/individuals
Leading all financial activities on the account with the support of the Corporate Services Finance teams and Regional Transversal teams: internal control, planning, risk management, cash management, providing respective Regional CS CFO with commercial insights and improvement initiatives in line with the contract
• Deploying existing Strategic accounts tools – Sodexo Connections – as appropriate to support the deployment of the Contract with the support of Strategic Accounts Finance team and leveraging existing process toolkits from Service Operations.
• Managing relationships with Sodexo stakeholders, with a proactive attendance of client meetings (workshops, regional reviews), negotiating day to day changes/Annual Budgets etc. as appropriate.
• Supporting business reviews: monthly site/regional reviews, and ad hoc reviews.
• Completion of ad-hoc Finance-related studies/ missions/ presentations as requested.
• Supervise the performance of Unit Controllers who will be providing field accounting support to multisite locations
- Educated to a minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent standard and the relevant accounting qualification
• Proven track record in finance with experience in an international and multicultural environment
• Significant financial exposure impacting key P&L and Balance sheet lines, the experience to be a business partner to operations - gravitas and experience to challenge, for example, Project costing, pricing and accounting
• Relationship builder both internally and externally, with the ability to influence and negotiate externally
• Experience of financial modeling
• Process orientation and implementation experience
• Hands-on pro-active approach with an ability to work well autonomously
• Excellent communication skills (Sodexo finance teams and client finance team) and proven ability to work in a collaborative way
• Presentation skills, ability to interact at any level of the organization
• A portfolio is 4.5 million sq. ft., 30 Sites in the US.
• IFM services – including 14 service lines and the ability to secure additional Project revenues.
***Travel up to 25% will be required within the US, preferably based in around Chicago, IL area. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.