Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Human Resources
Job category: Human Resources
Job ID: 73092
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Manager to join our Education team in Chicago.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, you will be a key player on the central management team responsible for directing, leading and further developing the Human Resource functions at this high volume, fast paced account. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for working closely with the on-site managers to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements as well as Sodexo human resource policies and procedures;
- Create and Foster a positive workplace culture encouraging employee engagement;
- Manage and coordinate the onboarding and training of all new employees from Interns to Senior Executives;
- Identify and support continuous improvement and development opportunities for employees;
- Oversee FMLA, Payroll and Performance Management in conjunction with the HR Manager and the Corporate HR support team;
- Drives and implements diversity programs and initiatives;\Special projects and initiatives as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred skillset and competencies:
- Minimum 8 years of HR Management experience supporting an organization with over 250 employees as well as 3rd party contractors;
- Experiencing managing / supervising others;
- PHR/SPHR preferred;
- Ability to work independently as well as across multiple departments;
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong project management skills with ability to see the big picture;
- Ability to build relationships and establish credibility;
- Drive and initiative;
- Analysis and decision making;
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with a capacity to communicate at all levels in the organization;
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and survey tools;
- Experience working in a Union environment strongly preferred.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.